Dating at any age and stage of your life is pretty much guaranteed to bring up all of your insecurities, so it’s no surprise that when you add having chronic illness to the mix, that dating can feel like it now has whole new levels of difficulties to overcome.
How you feel about dating with chronic illness depends on how you choose to see yourself and if you feel like an asset or a burden.
Before recording this podcast, I asked my Facebook and Instagram communities for their most burning questions about dating with chronic illness and here is what they wanted to know:
- How do you deal with feeling “less than” you were before?
- How much, if anything do you share about your illness?
- When and how do you disclose your illness?
- How do you work around dietary issues?
- How can you cancel without feeling unreliable?
- What can you do when you feel self conscious about any physical changes, disabilities or limitations you have now?
I answer all of these questions and more in this episode of the Emotional Autoimmunity podcast, plus I share the strategies and mind shift tools I use now that I am out in the dating world.
You can listen to the podcast here on the blog or search and subscribe to the Emotional Autoimmunity Podcast on iTunes, Spotify and most podcast platforms and if you love this episode, please leave a review.
Stuck in the grief of chronic illness?
You need a copy of my Moving through the Grief of Chronic Illness ebook!
Thank you. Check your inbox for your confirmation email.
Something went wrong.