How do you know if you are a people pleaser?
If you say yes to 3 or more of these statements, you definitely have some people pleasing characteristics which could be making your chronic illness symptoms worse.
- You find it really hard to say no to requests
- You often find yourself overcommitting to plans, events or responsibilities
- You rarely ever disagree with someone or voice your honest feelings or thoughts.
- You have a tendency to go along with things that you don’t like or don’t want to do to not create conflict
- You feel pressured to be “nice” at all times and not complain.
- You often feel that people take advantage of you or don’t respect your time and energy.
- You feel resentful, exhausted, overwhelmed and unappreciated
- It feels like no matter how much you give, others still aren’t there for you
Sound familiar? Then episode 4 of season 3 of The Emotional Autoimmunity Podcast is for you because not only is it going to help you know much more about people pleasing and how it impacts chronic illness, but also, it will give you some of my top tips on how to start dealing with it.
You can listen to the blog post using the player here or search and subscribe to The Emotional Autoimmunity Podcast and if you got some good from this episode, then please, share the good around!